Share this Post
Content doesn’t start when you design a pretty graphic, or even when your cursor is blinking in a Google Document. It starts with an idea.
Perhaps one that involves tricking a genie?
If your idea isn’t solid, you’re setting yourself up for failure. It doesn’t matter how wonderful your article is or how stunning your graphic — or even how hard you try to pitch or promote it — if the idea wasn’t a good one, well, your content is probably screwed.
This week I run through key ideation process tips. You’ll learn:
- Every element a fully fleshed out “idea” needs
- Five ways to get inspiration right now
So put on your thinking hat — ahem, lampshade? — and get to it!
- Inside Fract’s Ideation Process [blog post]
- 98 Ways to Find Inspiration for Content Ideas [blog post]
This podcast seeks to answer your questions about content marketing and digital PR with straightforward, actionable tips. You can find all episodes here.
I’ll be publishing biweekly, so subscribe to stay up-to-date!
Have a question you want to submit to the podcast?
Email me at [email protected] or comment below!
Have any additional insight on ideation? Post it in the comments! I’d love to hear your thoughts.
Latest posts by Amanda Milligan (see all)
- Ask Amanda About Marketing – Episode 29: How to Confidently Click “Send” (And Have People to Send To) - March 15, 2018
- Ask Amanda About Marketing – Episode 28: From the Ground Up - January 31, 2018
- Ask Amanda About Marketing – Episode 27: Now that’s a bright idea! - January 9, 2018
- Ask Amanda About Marketing – Episode 26: The Secret to Content Promotion - December 13, 2017
Share this Post