Share this Post
Full disclosure: This episode is full of Harry Potter references and talk about ego.
I’ve spoken a lot about how emotion plays into content, both in this podcast and generally in my writing. But there’s another way to think about your approach to creating successful content, and that’s by creating ego-bait.
Think of it this way:
People want to see themselves in the content — or they want the content to help them see themselves.
Listen in to hear my explanation of both concepts and how you can apply the insight to your content development.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- Examples of both types of ego-bait
- Questions you need to ask yourself when executing content
- Why it’s important to craft a promotional strategy that matches your content
Hope you enjoy!
This podcast seeks to answer your questions about content marketing and digital PR with straightforward, actionable tips. You can find all episodes here.
I’ll be publishing biweekly, so subscribe to stay up-to-date!
Have a question you want to submit to the podcast?
Email me at [email protected] or comment below!
Have any additional insight on building content that caters to the ego? Post it in the comments! I’d love to hear your thoughts.
Latest posts by Amanda Milligan (see all)
- Ask Amanda About Marketing – Episode 26: The Secret to Content Promotion - December 13, 2017
- Ask Amanda About Marketing – Episode 25: ENGAGE! With other people… - November 16, 2017
- Ask Amanda About Marketing – Episode 24: Make Organic Traffic Grow With SEO - November 1, 2017
- Ask Amanda About Marketing – Episode 23: When Marketing Meets the Existential Crisis - October 18, 2017
Share this Post